Friday, February 4, 2011

Palm Springs is for Lovers

2/4/11
I already put these pictures on facebook but I just have to post about one of the best weekends of my life. We went to Palms Springs a few weeks ago in lieu of exchanging Christmas presents (even though we ended up exchanging gifts anyway...) Neither of us had ever been before and it turned out to be a pretty fun place to escape to for some sun, shopping, and quality time together.

First of all, you need to know that Nephi is the best road tripping buddy anyone could ever have. There is never a dull moment- unless of course, I am sleeping. This picture is a still shot of a video I took of him singing The Bear Necessities. AMAZING. But I'm sorry, for my eyes only. For now anyway... Don't make me mad, my dear!


On the first day we walked up and down the main street shopping and eating and just doing whatever the hay we pleased. That's the beauty of traveling in a pair. We got massages, ate cupcakes, had the best Thai food EVS, and then saw a movie in the evening. It felt like such long day in the best way possible.



We randomly stepped into a thrift store and left with a whole box full of beautiful books. They were a dollar each and Nephi helped me dig for all these gems that are now proudly displayed in my bedroom. It may sound weird but this was a major highlight of the trip. We really showed some good teamwork in that little thift store! :) He got a WWII book and the lady that rang us up said someone had snatched up the WWI version earlier that day. One and only bummer of the weekend.


The next day we took a ride up the tram and went snowshoeing! The weather was so perfect that we didn't even need to bundle up. We hiked up to a peak and ate lunch while looking over the whole valley.



Then on the drive back to Orange County the sky looked like this:

...and Nephi made fun of me for taking a picture out of the car window on the freeway but guess what. I don't care because it was a great sunset that was just a cherry on top of the whole weekend. And I never want to forget a single detail of it.

2 comments:

nephi said...

Look for the BEAR necessities,
those simple bear necessities.
forget about your worries and your strife! (yeah, man)
i mean the the bear necessities,
that's why a bear can rest at ease.
with just the bear necessities of life!

Eva Jane said...

I'm jealous! Looks like a perfect little vacation :)