Friday, August 7, 2009
Today is my last day of being a temp. In a few days I’ll be on to bigger and better things, but right now I’m kind of sad. I’ve grown quite attached to the people at BSP and I’m really going to miss them. The job itself was nothing special. I answered the phone and changed printer toners. But all day long I got to interact with genuinely good hearted people who quickly became my friends. From the FedEx and UPS delivery guys who learned my name on the first day and never forgot it, to Esteban who cleaned the bathrooms in the entire building but was somehow ALWAYS smiling. And of course Richard the doorman (bless his heart), who helped me scour the building when I lost my car key… twice.
But I’ll miss the BSP employees most of all. I could go through every single one and list off why I’ll miss them... but you would be bored and I might start crying. (jk?) I just feel very lucky to have been able to work with such a great group of people, even for such a short time. It's comforting to know that there are good people in the world. And there are successful and powerful businessmen and women with kind souls who care for one another, as well as people in need.
I’m taking a road trip with my love in a couple hours. I'll spend my much needed time away from HB munching on baby cheeks. See you Monday…
P.S. As I was writing this 8 different people came over to wish me luck. Point proven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
really, nothing better than working with people that you like! i hope you have a wonderful road trip!
Post a Comment