Sunday, August 17, 2008

hi




Remember me? Does anyone bother looking at this anymore? Here are some recent pictures. Sorry you don't get to see much of China. It's too overwhelming to even think about. I had fun though. That's all you need to know.

I suggested that we buy these tourist Ts once we got to the top of the Great Wall and Dad didn't even hesitate. I then suggested that we put them on and take a picture doing peace signs and you can bet that didn't take much coaxing! I love my dad.

Just a few high school friends at the beach. Wasn't that a treat!

I'm curious to know if this photo makes other people as happy as it makes me. Would it help if you knew that it was a warm Saturday afternoon and neither of us had anywhere to be and there were a lot of people out around town and I was riding my bike while wearing shorts and a tank?

I had a monster headache today. In the top 5 worst of my life. Also, I've been twitching a lot lately......... that's weird, right? I've always done it in my sleep but now it happens a lot when I'm awake. If any doctors are reading this will you please shed some light on the situation?

Laur came and stayed with me for a week and we had a great time. It was fun having my new close friends meet an old close friend. Best moments of the week: skinny dipping in the ocean, and having an old man in a suit try to kiss me at an LA club. 

I love everything about the Olympics. I'll feel so empty and lost when they end. I like when they show hot spots of Beijing and I can say "I've been there!!!!!!!!" as loudly and quickly as possible. My roommates like it too I bet.

I finally got a library card! It is everything I thought it would be and more. They took a picture of me for it and I had ridden my bike there so I was obviously looking really great. Too bad I have to wait 6 years to get a new one taken.

That's what's been going on. I'm trying to find a ride to Utah soon. I haven't been home in a long time.

7 comments:

GuiGuru said...

Well, I'm not a doctor, but I've watched on on TV. I think unexplained twitching means you need to come to Utah. But don't hitchhike. You're too cute. One of the drivers would surely want to keep you ;)

Aubrey Messick said...

Oh Amanda...you're a kick in the pants. Thanks for the life update! And sorry about that library card. I hate when that happens. :)

Katie said...

I still read this, and I am so happy to see what's going on in California. You totally need to come visit. But instead of hitchhiking, say you'll babysit Robbie while we're in Hawaii, and I'll buy you a ticket to come here. :)

drew said...

Much like Sam, I am no M.D., but I heard this cool saying one time...well, I dont remember, it went something like, "an apple a day..." Thats my medical advice.

To comment on your Olympic words, Camie and I have been die-hard fans. We are very much addicted and we anticipate some rough withdrawals when the party is over...

Aubrey Messick said...

You crack me up Amanda! The doorstep scene was so romantic. We had a little embrace, said "I love you" and I drove home. Hahaha!

brynne frei said...

i love your summer life and love that when i came to check your blog that you had an update! i got a library card in the spring and it is the best thing that ever happened to me - i'm glad you are having the same experience!

Lizzie said...

"I've been there!" Sounds familiar...oh right, Dad says it every five seconds too! :) We've all had a rough patch in the blogging world, but lets get it rolling again shall we?!