Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July


I love Independence Day! Last year I remember thinking that it couldn't possibly get any better. Well guess what. 


I started the day by watching AJ run the 5k. She was so fast that I didn't even see her cross the finish line. Woops. It was warm and sunny and I loved people watching and cheering for running strangers.


Next stop: parade. The whole ward gathered to watch which I thought was more fun than the actual parade. I looove that Jill came to celebrate with us.


We went to the beach after lunch and it was a tad windy so we headed to the pool instead. But not before snapping this adorable photo of course. Kissing pictures are gross unless you're really cute and in love like we are.


I promise we didn't realize we looked like a flag until someone pointed it out.

We stopped by a BBQ in the evening and it was the weirdest thing... A bunch of models were holding a photo shoot right there on the front lawn. Check it out:






Crazy, right?


I don't know why this picture happened but it did and I'm not complaining.


Plaid. 


Fireworks on the beach = my favorite thing.


Katie made us these blankets so we thought we'd be cute and take a picture for her. <3 div="">

Would you believe me if I told you I've never had a boyf on the 4th and therefore never had anyone to cuddle with during fireworks? Well you shouldn't because that's not true. Anymore.

It will be nice to have somewhere to park again, and to not have 5,000 tourists biking around... but it's fun to enjoy the excitement for one weekend. I feel really blessed to live here when so many people travel far and wide just to visit for a few days. I love Huntington Beach and I love America. Best 4th of July ever.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Those models and their photo shoot...you three are so silly!! And I am so glad you use those blankets, cause I assume that means you like them. Sounds like you had tons of fun!!

brynne frei said...

Loved the festive fourth of July suits. Loved the hot couple kissing pic with the beach background - magical. Loved the plaid shirts. aka I loved everything about your fourth of July as well.

Unknown said...

um, hi. you're adorable. so is your blog. see ya 'round, sister.