Thursday, July 16, 2009

China


One year ago today I was in China with Gary! We spent a week in Beijing and a week in Hong Kong. I'm absolutely in love with Asia, I can't wait to go back. It was one of the best trips I've ever been on. Someone at work asked me if I was part Asian and it reminded me that I never blogged about this journey to my homeland.






Just hanging out in Tiananman Square with Mao Zedong.
The Bird's Nest! I have a weird obsession with the olympics so this was a major highlight.
We went to a factory and watched people make cloisonné. I was impressed that they were able to focus even with so many tourists breathing down their necks and taking pictures.
The Great Wall. The most humid conditions I've ever experienced. And it was quite the work out. Never ending steps as tall as my knee.

Beijing might be my favorite city in the world. Mostly because of it's a. culture b. history c. hustle and bustle.

Macao = Chinese Las Vegas. Lame. But on the way to the stip-like part of town there were some really pretty sights.


Hong Kong was amazing. Our hotel is the building just to the left of the tall pointy one. Not a bad view to wake up to. Plus, I've never slept on a more comfortable bed in my life.
Taken from the hotel room. I missss it! I loved vacationing with Dad and having him all to myself. He never lost his temper and he bought me so many things!!! 2 things that would have been impossible if my sisters had been there. ;) ;) But seriously, best trip ever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

harajuku girl.

Alexandra said...

these r great.
good job.
ps when you asked me if i was asleep last night, i wasn't. i was just too tired to speak. "wow you fell asleep fast..."