Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

4/14/09
This, this, and this made me really sad about forgetting to take pictures on Easter. It was tons o' fun and I know you would have loved seeing the springy ensemble I put together without spending any money. It all started last Sunday when I dined with a small portion of Nephi's enormous family up in Pasadena. We dyed supercute eggs, had an egg hunt, and helped make a delicious apple dessert. (I peeled the apples. Apparently Nephi isn't the only Hirt that doubts my cooking abilities.) His nieces and nephews are so cute and the whole night was a lot of fun. Then YESTERDAY! Actual Easter. I woke up to a delightful Easter basket brought to me by the Easter Bunny* himself! (AKA roommate Michelle.) I don't know how she got her hands on those mini eggs because all the stores I've been to lately have been completely out. Then I took Nephi to lunch in Chino Hills with my favorite uncle Brent! Also in attendance: Bev, Angela, Dave, their little girls, and Will! Yes, the Will Robinson. I haven't seen him in years and it was so nice getting reacquainted with him. We had a great lunch of chicken kebabs, took a dip in the hot tub with the girls, and played some wii. I was pretty proud of Nephi when he kept his cool while my aunt dogged on Sarah Palin and encouraged aiding and abetting illegal immigration via water stations in the dessert. Anywho... we came back to HB and had another great meal which was roasted with love by my dear friend Chris. I ate way too much and don't regret it at all.

*when I first wrote this I accidentally typed that as bunner. Easter Bunner. Please laugh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

iamlaughingsohardateasterbunner.

i love it when those things happen.

and i really do with you had taken some pics, it sounds like a magical easter.

Melissa said...

Remember me? I'm your cousin? I'm totally jealous that you got to dine with my big brother and my Dad and Bev and Ang and Dave. I laughed hard though, political discussions can be brutal. Whoever Nephi is, good for him. My sweet dh has been known to get into it with Bev, but they both seem good hearted, it gets me all fired up!

take care!