6/18/12
My dearest Granny passed away last week. She was the absolute best person I've ever known. I know a blog post could never do such a woman justice but I want to at least try to give whoever reads this an idea of how special she was.
(Read the nice things that AJ and Lizzie wrote here and here.)
(Read the nice things that AJ and Lizzie wrote here and here.)
I have a huge stack of letters and cards she has sent me since I moved to California and they are my most prized possessions. We talked on the phone a lot but she was still such a devoted pen pal and I love that I have her words written down instead of just memories of our conversations.
AJ described really well how Gran was such a good girlfriend. I'm obsessed with this card because it shows that she felt the same way about me that I did about her.
A couple of girlfriends- just born six decades apart is all.
She would always send random old pictures with funny captions. My favorites were pictures of herself that she pretended to hate but would send me anyway.
Wild and crazy woman! I love this picture and I love what she wrote next to it.
She sent lots of holiday, thank you, and birthday cards but also a lot of just because cards. I love this one that she edited a little just to tell me to have a happy good day.
She picked the cards so thoughtfully and everything they said would be something that she really meant.
This is one of my favorite things she's ever done.
I sent her a text saying I loved her so she sent me a thank you card!
She loved hearing about the boys I've been dating.
She was so sympathic and encouraging when I went through a bad break up last year. One of the sweetest letters I have from her was a couple pages long and she wrote about a break up my mom went through just before meeting my dad. It was so heartfelt and sincere and was exactly what I needed to hear.
She wrote me once, "I've read your card 4 times now and I'll keep it by my bed so I can read it more while I'm thinking of you." When AJ was helping clean out Gran's room she sent me this picture of a card I made her over 5 years ago, sitting on the nightstand right next to her bed. There is really nothing better than knowing someone loves you that much.
She was a gem- really and truly. I don't know what we all did to deserve a real life angel in our presence for so long.
I'm already missing her like crazy but every time I'm feeling really sad about it I eventually end up laughing out loud about funny memories I have of her.
Which I know is what she would prefer.
Thanks for that, Granny! Love you!
Which I know is what she would prefer.
Thanks for that, Granny! Love you!










3 comments:
i love your relationship with gran and seriously can't think of any memories from our childhood without thinking of gran. she really was the best and this tribute was the sweetest. thinking of you and hope you're doing okay xoxo
"wishing you a happy good day"? Seriously? She was the nicest, cutest woman. Love this post.
this is the sweetest post. i love that you saved all the cards from her. love you lady.
Post a Comment