Sunday, June 9, 2013

June.

6/9/13
My dear friend Brian passed away yesterday. My heart is broken for his family and everyone who knew him, especially his best cousin friends Emma and Jenna. He was a good, good man who was generous, lit up every room he entered, and had the absolute best and cutest laugh.

I met Brian my freshman year of college. He'd let me drive his nice car, he treated Emma and I to lots of meals/desserts, and we'd watched movies and do whip its at his apartment. We've kept in touch over the years and I've loved looking back at our facebook messages. Brian is a bold man. He didn't let boyfriends or distance get in the way of what he wanted and I really respect that! The last time I saw him was in February when he treated me to sushi, Hatch's hot chocolate, and laser tag. My dream evening. I thought he'd make fun of me when I mentioned how much I loved laser tag but he immediately suggested we go that night. An image that is forever burned into my memory is him turning around looking so shocked to see that it was me shooting him from behind, since we'd made a truce at the beginning of the game. Even in the dark I could see his huge smile and he just looked like a big kid, so happy to be laser tagging with me on a Saturday night. His sister in law wrote a beautiful post about him and mentioned that he had a way of making everyone he knew feel like his best friend. This is the truest statement. Brian made me feel so special and loved and I honestly don't even feel worthy to have been treated so well by someone like him. If I'm feeling such a great loss right now I can't imagine what his family is feeling and I am praying so hard for them. There is no one in the world like Brian.

I wish we had more pictures together but I'm so grateful for this one.

June has now made angels out of three of the best people I've ever known. I'm a better person for knowing all of them and I'll look up to them and think of them every single day. 
Forever.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

amanda, this is so beautiful and makes me cry every time i read it. you described brian perfectly. he is the best isn't he?! what am i going to do without him?! we need him here! i'm so glad i got to share him with you, he adored and loved you so much. the thought of him playing laser tag will forever make me smile.

love you!