Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Every single second that I put it off means another lonely night I gotta race the clock


It's freezing today. So I got my boots out, got all bundled up, and went to Starbucks to sip on some cocoa/put off doing all the homework that's due tomorrow. I saw so many unshowered, stressed, and tired looking college students and it made me feel really bad. I just wanted to hug them or sit and cry with them. 
School sucks. Literally sucks every ounce of happiness and will for living out of my body. I have 5 weeks left of the worst quarter of my life and it's getting harder each week. I am 100% overwhelmed. I just got a text from my school friend who is amazing. I want to be her. 
"I hate this." she said. Everyone is feeling the pressure! 
There is nothing better than feeling like you've never been more stressed in your life, and then having that stress lifted completely. On Grey's Anatomy one time she said, "Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop." That's what I think about when I'm staying up all night and skipping meals to finish things on time. I am going to feel so great at 5:45 on June 17th. Like, better than I've felt in the last 17 years of my life I think. No more school. I can't think of anything better right now. And it's only 868 hours away...

4 comments:

Katie said...

I am so depressed after reading that, but I totally know how you feel. That's what I felt my last semester. I even skipped studying for my last final to watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition, cause I had lost all the will to study. I still passed.

brynne frei said...

That was real sad. My suggestion is to umm...go play sardines in the library. I'm going to do it right now so I'll actually test it out and let you know how it goes. Maybe it will make you like school because then you'll have a fun memory. Who knows. Love from Prooovvvvvvvv.

Lizzie said...

I can relate to this. College really is crappy. When you are in school, everyone is too stressed and busy to do too much together. Then, when finals are finally over - everyone leaves for Christmas or summer vacation and you don't see them again until its time for classes and being busy. What the hay?! Its so crappy. Why the heck do I love it so much...

Alexandra said...

katie's. comment. she says the most amazing things.
i'm sorry you are so stressed :( i guess thats why you've been ignoring me for awhile?